Monday, August 31, 2009

End of the Summer Cruise at the Star View Drive-In Theatre [Norwalk Ohio]

August 30, 2009

With the summer days winding down, and with one last Summer Cruise blast left [and after last nights glorious cruise down to C-Bus with the United Ford Owners along with a double feature at the Melody Cruise-In over at Springfield], I did my daily routine check of all of the drive-in theatres now playing websites and decided at the last minute to get back into the saddle once again and head back over to Norwalk and had to stop for some go-go juice since it was getting a tad low from the previous evenings “Fun Run” over at Springfield [though running the highway gets a heck of better gas mileage than having to stop and start all of the time in Small Town USA], but still, having to stop when time keeps on running sometimes makes me wish that there were portable tankers like the US Air Force has where they can refuel in mid-flight without having to stop – oh well.

Got back on the back roads and made it my usual 45 minute flat run out Rt. 303 to US 20 out past Norwalk and bypassed Summit Raceway Park, opting to do an end run since the box office had already opened at Norwalk’s Star View Drive-In just west of Norwalk Ohio there on US 20 to see two of my favorite movies of the year, Transformers 2: Rise of the Fallen and G I Joe, Rise of the Cobra. When I first entered the theatre after paying the $7.00 [which was not listed on their website, but I have always come to expect to pay between $5 - $8 dollars for single admittance when the price is not listed on the website, which for two movies is still a great bargain for the way the economy is going nowadays] I first went to my usual second row parking place, but after sitting there for a while, and how the screen was angled, started up the car again and went to the eastern side of the small cinderblock concession stand [right next to the concession’s exhaust fan which was belching out all of that sweet smelling and ever tempting freshly made butter popcorn] and for this theatre, I would highly recommend for this screen parking on the concession stand side furthest from the entrance give the best enjoyment of the films being shown at this single screen theatre, and even though there were some mini vans in front of me, the screen was high enough where I was four rows back that there was plenty of room [and the screen was high enough to see two great films, and I would recommend to the club that if anyone would want to see a movie after a long day over at Fords at Summit would want to stop by for a fun filled evening, but will reserve final judgment until I visit Tiffin’s Drive-In Theatre, probably it looks like next year since this will be my final visit to Drive-ins for this 2009 Cruisin’ Season.

Well, with the final credits rolling and the camera fading to black, it was time to get back on the road and head back to home for one last trip down Rt. 18, back rollin’ “quietly” thru my hometown of Wellington and on back in the early morning hours and looking forward to the summer of 2010 to complete the remaining 15 Ohio Drive-Ins yet to be visited. Overall, I have had a great time both cruising and visiting all of the Drive-Ins this year, and each of them have their own unique flavor and atmosphere that also uniquely defines what it is was to be American when they first started up and coinciding with the rise of the love of the American Automobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment